Sunday, October 4, 2009

GBTC XC Festival 8k at Bradley Palmer State Park


Sunday morning, I drove over to Bradford, MA to hook up with DoubleD and Dan Verrington as DV drove us to Topsfield, MA for the GBTC XC Festival held annually at Bradley Palmer State Park. The women's 5k was run at 10:00 AM and the men's race was to commence at 10:30 AM. After the hard rain overnight and most of yesterday, I was anticipating a very muddy course similar to last year's race. But, after a 20 minute warmup over the first 2 miles, we discovered the course was surprisingly dry and not so muddy.
I just did not have much in the tank today and really struggled out there. After a sluggish 5:42 mile and another scorcher 6:18 I hit 2 miles in about 12:00 and that is where I lost contact with John Barbour and Double D and never really got back into any rhythm and just muscled out a 29:31 finish. Really slow for me considering I ran 28:35 last year in tougher conditions. Just a bad race but you gotta take it because there is nothing you can do about it.
Results can be found on the GBTC website.
Thanks to the two Kristen/Kristin's for their fine photos.
Next race Bay State Marathon. Don't look twice it says marathon October 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment