Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday 10/3/10

Drove up to Newport NH and competed in the Pinacle Challenge (a 4 stage "duathlon") as a solo competitor. I got beat up pretty badly but managed to finish the event in 3:09:11. The 5 mile (8k) run on the roads was the highlight of the event as I ran 28:55 but once I got on the mountain bike I had tremendous difficulty remembering how to ride on technical trails and proceeded to fall about 8-10 times. I lost a bunch of time so once I got on the road bike the 13.75 miles was a lesson in not to fall further behind but, alas that is what happened. All of the relay teams had finished and about one competitor was left on the course as I hobbled in to the finish line after the 3.5 mile trail run. This race has it all and should you consider competing in it, be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment